Here’s some tips and advice for having safe sex with herpes in Australia herpes dating relationship, especially sex with genital herpes or oral sex with cold sores.
When you first get herpes, especially genital herpes, you might be thinking, “My sex life is over!”. In fact, your herpes sex life is not over. It’s just beginning with a differnent way.
1. Sex with Genital Herpes . Basic advice for having safe sex with genital herpes is the following:
- You must tell your partner.
- Be honest and open about your condition.
- Avoid sex before, during, or after outbreaks.
- Take suppressive medication such as Valtrex or Acyclovir.
2. Oral Sex with Genital Herpes Basic advice for oral sex with genital herpes is the following: avoid sex during outbreaks of any sorts. Be careful and observant of what is going on in your and your partner’s body. Take suppressive medication.
3. Oral Sex with Herpes. From my experience, Yes, you can have oral sex even with herpes. But remember the golden rule… no sex during outbreaks.
4. Cold Sore and Oral Sex. When you get cold sores, you are getting herpes. It is oral herpes. So don’t have oral sex. You do not want to expose the blister to your partner. If you are careful, and don’t kiss, you could still have genital sex. This way you could still have safe, fun oral sex even with herpes, but just not during outbreaks, or even “suspicious outbreaks”.